FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
October 8, 2002
For more information: Michelle Robbins
GoPOP ENABLES COMPLETE REMOTE ACCESS TO EMAIL
Read Microsoft Outlook email from any location, using any remote device
Mill Valley, CA - Maximized Software, Inc. today released GoPOP v. 1.0. GoPOP is an innovative program that enables remote access to Outlook email from anywhere in the world with any standard remote email client. Users can retrieve their Outlook email with any type of device: PDA, cell phone, pager, laptop, or remote desktop PC.
GoPOP eliminates the need to keep multiple copies of email messages on different servers. Without GoPOP, inconvenient solutions are needed to remotely read email, including setting up a "shadow" account with Yahoo! or HotMail, or configuring Outlook to "leave messages on server." With GoPOP, Microsoft Outlook becomes the single source for all of the user's email.
"The popularity and ever-increasing usage of remote access devices has created the need for a more efficient means of reaching information previously available to users only from the desktop," said Ken Spreitzer, President of Maximized Software. "GoPOP solves the problem of incomplete and inconvenient access to email while users are traveling or otherwise away from their computer."
GoPOP is software that runs on the user's PC, together with Microsoft Outlook. Users can read email by connecting to their computer via any standard remote email client, such as a cell phone, PDA, laptop, or even a PC at a cyber cafe.
GoPOP features several benefits that distinguish it from traditional remote-access solutions:
- Users see filtered mail. The remote email client retrieves mail directly from Outlook on the user's computer, so all incoming mail (including spam) has already been filtered.
- Users can read email in any mail folder, not just their Inbox.
- GoPOP eliminates the need for Microsoft Exchange for remote access to email.
- Better performance than synchronization. Compared to performing a full synchronization between a handheld device and computer, GoPOP lets users use a remote mail reader that displays mail headers prior to downloading the whole mail message. Users avoid downloading junk mail or other undesired messages.
- No special reader software is required. Any standard email client may be used to read email.
GoPOP is priced at $30 and is licensed on a per-machine basis.
GoPOP v. 1.0 can be downloaded from the Maximized Software web site at http://www.maximized.com/products/gopop/ .
SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS (on primary computer)
ABOUT MAXIMIZED SOFTWARE
- Microsoft Outlook® 2000 (or later) for Windows
- Microsoft Windows 98 or later (98, 98SE, ME, NT, 2000, XP)
Maximized Software is headquartered in Mill Valley, California, was founded in 1992 by Ken Spreitzer. After establishing Maximized Software, Spreitzer achieved industry fame as the creator of Uninstaller for Windows -- a best-selling utility program. The company's product line includes several web server and client utilities.
GoPOP is a trademark of Maximized Software, Inc. All other marks are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.